Ladies…. today I’m doing something a lil different for DIY for women I’m going to give you a cool cleaning tip and when we are done we are going to fix ourselves a nice summer cocktail. I know it’s morning time but it’s evening somewhere in the world. LOL I found this cleaning recipe on Apartment Therapy so I had to try it for myself of course. I cleaned our bathtub, sink & kitchen sink our whole house was smelling like a summer breeze so I had to share it with you ladies……
2 Grapefruit – one for later
1/4 cup kosher salt
1. Halve Grapefruit: 1 medium to large grapefruit will clean your entire bath or shower from top to bottom, including all the fixtures. Simply cut it in half with a knife and you’ll be all set.
2. Sprinkle With Salt: Using 1 grapefruit half at a time, sprinkle liberally with salt. Wet your bathtub and sprinkle the remaining salt around the bottom.
3. Take That Scrubbing Bubbles!Scrub your grapefruit around your shower or tub, making sure to slightly “juice” the citrus over each fixture and lifting it every few seconds to pick up fresh salt from around the tub instead of just pushing it around.
4. Rinse: When all is said and done, simply rinse away the pulpy bits and the salt and your shower is as good as new. Not only is it clean, it will smell so fantastic you’ll want to curl up in it and read a book. Ok, probably not, but you get the idea!
Additional Notes: This technique will get thick grime and dirt rings off your shower area and does amazing work on cast iron tubs especially. You can also use this method to clean your sinks, toilets, tile and more — I have not tried the cast iron yet somebody let me know how that turns out. Ok now let’s PARTY!
Joe’s Salty Chihuahua Cocktail
5-6 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
3 ounces Tequila
kosher or sea salt
1. Rub the rim of an old fashion glass with a bit of the grapefruit. Swirl the rim through a small pile of kosher or sea salt to salt the rim.
2. Add grapefruit juice and tequila in a shaker, and shake with ice for 15 seconds.
3. Put a few cubes of ice into your old fashion glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass and enjoy.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhite ladies…. now that was fun, I enjoyed doing this blog I hope you did also, let me know how your projects turn out!
Joe Lockett Brutally - Honest