Drinks to sip on while you cook…..
Wine – Riesling – Cocktail – Side Car – Non Alcohol – Cherry Lemonade
Preparation time: 15 min Cooking time: 10 min Servings:4
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Hoisin sauce
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) rice vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) soy sauce
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) snow peas trimmed and cut on the diagonal into thirds
- 6 green onions, finely sliced (keep the white and green parts separate)
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sesame seeds
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Asian chile paste, or to taste
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) toasted sesame oil
1. In a bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
3. In a wok, heat half the vegetable oil over high heat. Stir-fry half the shrimp until they change colour, about 2 minutes. Season with salt. Set aside and repeat with the remaining vegetable oil and shrimp. Set aside.
4. In the same wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry the remaining ingredients, except the green part of the green onions, in the sesame oil for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and reserved sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more. Garnish with the green part of the green onions.
5. Serve on basmati rice
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND